First Line Therapy Weightloss Program
Be The Healthiest You Can Be
We are very pleased to provide the First Line Therapy (FLT) Program and The Healthy Transformations Programs, both comprehensive lifestyle programs that we can utilize to help patients address weight and lifestyle related health complaints. Leading health organizations now recommend therapeutic lifestyle changes and lifestyle medicine as the "first line of therapy" for treating and reducing the risk of common conditions such as obesity, PCOS, high cholesterol, hypertension, metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, chronic pain, inflammatory conditions and accelerated aging.
Lifestyle changes may also benefit conditions such as:
- Hormone imbalances
- Cardiovascular conditions, and diabetes
Our Naturopathic Doctors work with patients utilizing lifestyle therapies including clinical nutrition, menu planning, exercise programs, stress counselling/treatment and bioelectric impedance analysis (BIA) testing. A BIA test provides information on your body composition including fat mass, lean body mass, cellular hydration, phase angle, basal metabolic rate and BMI. Our doctors then provide you with an individualized program to address your unique needs. We also offer dietary supplementation, acupuncture, and botanical medicines to assist you with your progress when clinically needed.
Bio Impedance Anaylysis (BIA) or Body Composition Test Preparation
On the day of your BIA assessment please ensure that you:
- avoid alcohol for 24 hours prior
- avoid exercise 12 hours prior
- avoid caffeine for 4 hours prior
- avoid eating for 4 hours prior
- avoid eating a high sodium meal with-in 24 hours
- do not wear hosiery or moisturizer on day of testing as electrode pads are placed directly on skin
- drink at least 1 glass of water 1 hour before testing