Our Naturopathic Physicians will work with you integrating both conventional and traditional medicines to help you achieve wellness. We offer our patients an individualized approach to health care including a variety of treatment modalities including:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is one of the oldest forms of medicine in history. TCM approaches health from a very different philosophy than Western Medicine. TCM believes that all parts must be in balance to achieve health and works to restore the balance of yin, yang, qi, essence and body in the body. Chinese Medicine involves the use of acupuncture, diet and Traditional Chinese plant based formulas to treat disease.
- Acupuncture is one of the oldest medical treatments in the world, originating in China more than 2,000 years ago. Acupuncture involves penetrating the skin with thin, solid, metallic needles that are manipulated by the hands or by a light electrical current to stimulate acupuncture points for therapeutic purposes. Acupuncture is used to regulate or correct the flow of qi (body's vital energy) to restore health.
- Botanical Medicine is the use of plant medicines to treat ailments and support health. *Note, most modern pharmaceutical drugs are standardized, modifications of original plant sources.
- Clinical Nutrition involves the use of biochemistry and physiological scientific knowledge for the purpose of promoting optimum health while treating disease with nutritional supplements. Naturopathic Doctor's are trained to assess a person's nutritional terrain through laboratory testing and then work toward regaining normal physiological function through dietary modification, IV therapy and supplementation to improve health and treat disease.
- Homeopathy is a natural, non toxic system of healing that assists in the ability of the body to heal itself. Homeopathic medicines use minute amounts of plant, mineral or animal substances to stimulate a person's innate healing ability and to strengthen the entire system.
- Hydrotherapy is the use of the healing power of water in all different forms and temperatures to heal and detoxify the body.
- Naturopathic Spinal Manipulation provides diverse techniques for correction of musculoskeletal pain and neurological conditions.
- Neural Therapy is an effective therapy for treating a host of conditions. It involves the use of Procaine, a local anaesthetic, and homeopathic preparations that are injected into nerve sites, acupuncture points, scars, muscular trigger points, and other tissues to relieve and treat pain and dysfunction.
- Bowen Therapy is a hands-on physical method of treatment used to treat a range of conditions. It involves using a gentle, rolling pressure applied to specific muscles, tendons, fascia and nerves to re balance the body and help achieve a sense of deep relaxation.
- Naturopathic Counselling is the assessment of risk factors and the implication of programs to modify behaviour while emphasizing “self-responsibility”. Mental attitudes and emotional states may influence, or even cause, physical illness. Counseling, nutritional balancing, stress management, and other therapies are used to help patients heal on the psychological level.
- IV Therapy is the injection of sterile solutions containing therapeutic nutrients necessary to treat ailments into the body through a vein, either for acute care or for long-term treatment. It is by far the most effective method for treating nutrition related conditions. Nutritional IV Therapies hydrate the body and detoxify liver, support the immune system and treat disease.
- Chelation is the treatment of heavy metal toxicity, which impairs many bodily enzymatic systems, by a small amino acid called ethylene diamine tetraacetic acid (commonly abbreviated EDTA). EDTA is administered intravenously over 1.5-3 hours. EDTA bonds with unwanted metals in the body and excretes them out by way of the urine.
- Pharmaceutical medicine involves the treatment of symptoms and ailments using prescription pharmaceutical medicines. Our Naturopathic Doctor's have prescriptive privilege's in the Province of B.C.