Our Naturopathic Physicians will work with you integrating natural, modern and traditional medicines. We offer our patients an individualized approach to health care including a variety of treatment modalities including:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is one of the oldest forms of medicine in history. TCM approaches health from a very different philosophy than Western Medicine. TCM philosophy believes that parts of the body must be in energetic balance to achieve wellness and works to restore the balance of yin, yang, qi, essence and body in the body. Chinese Medicine involves the use of acupuncture, diet and Traditional Chinese plant based formulas to treat disease.
- Acupuncture is one of the oldest medical treatments in the world, originating in China more than 2,000 years ago. Acupuncture involves penetrating the skin with thin, metallic needles that are manipulated by the hands or by a light electrical current to stimulate acupuncture points for therapeutic purposes. Acupuncture is used to treat pain, regulate or correct the flow of qi (body's vital energy) and to restore balance.
- Botanical Medicine is the use of whole or components of plants as natural medicines.
- Clinical Nutrition involves the use of biochemistry and physiological scientific knowledge of nutrients for the purpose of supporting health through diet or nutritional supplementation. Naturopathic Doctor's are trained to assess a person's nutritional terrain through diet assessment and / or laboratory testing. They then work toward helping an individual regain optimal nutrition or normal physiological function.
- Naturopathic Spinal Manipulation provides diverse techniques to address of musculoskeletal pain and muscle tension.
- Naturopathic Counselling is the assessment of risk factors and the implication of programs to modify behaviour while emphasizing “self-responsibility”. Mental attitudes and emotional states may influence your health. Counseling, mindfulness, meditation, stress management, and other therapies are used to help patients improve their overall sense of well being.
- IV Therapy is the injection of sterile solutions containing therapeutic agents.
- Pharmaceutical medicine involves the treatment of symptoms and ailments using prescription pharmaceutical medicines. Our Naturopathic Doctor's have prescriptive privilege's in the Province of B.C.