Our Naturopathic Physicians will work with you integrating both pharmaceutical and traditional medicines to help you achieve wellness. We offer our patients an individualized approach to health care including a variety of treatment modalities including:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is one of the oldest forms of medicine in history. TCM approaches health from a very different philosophy than Western Medicine. TCM believes that all parts must be in balance to achieve health and works to restore the balance of yin, yang, qi, essence and body in the body. Chinese Medicine involves the use of acupuncture, diet and Traditional Chinese plant based formulas to treat disease.
- Acupuncture is one of the oldest medical treatments in the world, originating in China more than 2,000 years ago. Acupuncture involves penetrating the skin with thin, solid, metallic needles that are manipulated by the hands or by a light electrical current to stimulate acupuncture points for therapeutic purposes. Acupuncture is used to regulate or correct the flow of qi (body's vital energy) to restore balance.
- Botanical Medicine is the use of plant medicines to treat ailments and support health.
- Clinical Nutrition involves the use of biochemistry and physiological scientific knowledge for the purpose of promoting optimum health while treating disease with diet and nutritional supplementation. Naturopathic Doctor's are trained to assess a person's nutritional terrain through diet assessment and / or laboratory testing. They then work toward regaining normal physiological function through dietary modification, IV therapy and supplementation to improve health and treat disease.
- Naturopathic Spinal Manipulation provides diverse techniques for correction of musculoskeletal pain and neurological conditions.
- Naturopathic Counselling is the assessment of risk factors and the implication of programs to modify behaviour while emphasizing “self-responsibility”. Mental attitudes and emotional states may influence, or even cause, physical illness. Counseling, nutritional balancing, stress management, and other therapies are used to help patients heal on the psychological level.
- IV Therapy is the injection of sterile solutions containing therapeutic nutrients necessary to treat ailments into the body through a vein.
- Pharmaceutical medicine involves the treatment of symptoms and ailments using prescription pharmaceutical medicines. Our Naturopathic Doctor's have prescriptive privilege's in the Province of B.C.