Breastfeeding Support & Counselling
We offer one on one individualized breastfeeding counselling from both a mainstream and Naturopathic perspective. Dr. Montroy, ND is a certified breastfeeding counsellor, mother of two and has many years of experience working with pregnant and breastfeeding moms. She offers a natural integrated approach to address challenges such as poor latching, blocked ducts, poor milk production, mastitis, painful breastfeeding, sore nipples, inverted nipples, and concerns with breastfeeding. We also offer treatments for candidiasis and infant thrush.
- Nutritional support for breastfeeding
- Supplementation for lactation support
- Acupuncture for breastfeeding challenges (low milk production, mastitis, recurrent blocked ducts)
- Botanical medicines to enhance or reduce supply
- Pharmaceutical treatment options for lactation support
- Support for mothers and babies unable to breastfeed for a variety of reasons. We offer formula counselling and recommendations.
- Birth control counselling for breastfeeding mothers
- Medication counselling for breastfeeding mothers
Breast Feeding Resources
- Breastfeeding Matters Victoria
- Victoria La Leche League
- BC Baby Friendly Network
- Thomas Hale
- Dr. Nice Book: Non Prescription Drugs for Breastfeeding Mothers
- Dr. Jack Newman's Breast Feeding Inc.
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League International
- Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding by Ina May Gaskin
- The Nursing Mother's Companion by Kathleen Huggins
- The Breastfeeding Answer Book by La Leche League
- The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers by Dr. Jack Newman
- Carol Arndt: Breast Pump Rental: (250) 813-7370