Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is one of the most ancient forms of medicine being over 3000 years old that has it's own unique model of diagnosis. It is fundamentally a different model than Western Medicine, and can work synergisticly to support patient healing. TCM is mainly based on the concept of ‘qi’ or ‘vital energy’ circulating in pathways throughout the body. Any blockages in these pathways disrupt the flow of qi leading to imbalance and undesirable symptoms. By using acupuncture and other modalities, we can help the body to regain balance and promote well being.
The most commonly treatment methods used in Traditional Chinese Medicine are:
- Acupuncture: the placement of tiny needles to restore energetic flow
- Moxabustion: the burning of a natural herb over the skin to circulate/warm
- Cupping: the placement of cups with a suction on the skin to relieve pain, detox, or stimulate energy
- Chinese Nutrition Therapy: a unique view of nutrition that is specifically tailored to each individual patient
- Electro Stimulation: using tiny clips on specific needles, a gentle current is applied to increase effectiveness of certain treatments
The World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes the benefit of acupuncture for over 100 different conditions including pain, many women's health complaints, infertility, mental & emotional conditions, car accidents & sports injuries, anxiety, depression and stress. Common conditions that may benefit from acupuncture include: addictions, pain, stress, anxiety, depression, cancer supportive care, pregnancy related conditions, labour preparation support, circulatory disorders, gastrointestinal disorders, PMS, menstrual disorders, pelvic pain, urinary disorders, headaches, fertility support, respiratory disorders, insomnia and weight loss support. Call to book your appointment with us today.
We offer direct billing with most extended health care companies.