The Vancouver Island Naturopathic Clinic is dedicated to support you in your journey of achieving a healthy pregnancy. Our many of practitioners have provided naturopathic fertility and collaborative prenatal care for hundreds of couples/individuals trying to achieve a healthy pregnancy. We offer acupuncture for both men and women trying to conceive and for those struggling with sub or infertility. Acupuncture is a evidence based therapy that has been shown to support fertility and/or help improve pregnancy rates when used in combination with western fertility treatments such as IVF, IUI, ICSI or other therapies.
Studies have found that acupuncture may improve fertility rates by:
- Increasing pelvic blood flow to the uterus and ovaries
- Reducing stress related hormones
- Increasing blood flow to nourish the uterine lining
- Reducing uterine contractions
- Promoting relaxation
IUI & IVF Support Acupuncture
We offer evidence based acupuncture to help support a both a women’s body in welcoming and nourishing an embryo prior to a during a IUI, IVF or ICSI cycle and to support a man with sperm production. Ideally we recommend starting acupuncture 3 months prior to your cycle, however acupuncture offers benefit when integrated at any point in the treatment cycle.
- 3 months prior to IUI or IVF cycle: weekly acupuncture for women and or men **We accept referrals from and work in collaboration with the Victoria Fertility Centre.
- Current IUI or IVF cycle pre egg retrieval: twice weekly acupuncture
- Day of embryo transfer: acupuncture pre and post transfer
- 48 hours post embryo transfer (if required)
- 5 Days post transfer
- Pregnancy Support Acupuncture weekly until 13 weeks gestation, then continued monthly
Call for our rates, more information and to book your appointment today.