What is Registered Holistic Nutrition?
Holistic Nutrition is a natural approach to dietary health that uses evidence-based techniques to optimize nutrient status and diet. Instead of focusing on just one aspect of the person, or taking a one size fits all methodology, holistic nutrition evaluates the complete health history, emotional state, lifestyle habits and current diet habits of an individual to determine the root cause of his or her health.
What schooling does a Registered Holistic Nutritionist do?
Registered Holistic Nutritionist is a professional trained by the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition (CSNN) to educate individuals and groups about the benefits of nutrition. After a 2 year program through a school of nutrition, students are required to complete 50 practicum hours and pass a board exam, which is the same across Canada.
Why come see a Holistic Nutritionist?
- You'll get an Individualized food plan based on YOU – your likes, dislikes, food intolerances, allergies, and or lifestyle.
- Stuck in a rut? You’ll get Inspiration, motivation, guidance. It's like having a personalized food trainer.
- Get to the root cause of your sleep problems, low energy, skin issues, hormonal problems.
- Improve your digestion! Get your digestion on track and feel better.
- Learn strategies to develop a new relationship with food. When you learn how to eat better, your confidenc, energy and well being often improves.
- A holistic nutritionist can teach you a holistic model of health by providing not only dietary guidance, but lifestyle suggestions too.
- No quick-fix fad or crash diets. Diets don't work and are time-limited. Get healthy over time, weight loss will be a side effect, as well as glowing skin, better sleep and better digestion.
Holistic Nutrition can help support these areas:
Improving your overall nutrition
Chronic Health Disorders
Family and Pregnancy Support
Living with food allergies or intolerances
Celiac Disease management
Depression and Anxiety
Are Holistic Nutritionists Covered On Benefits Programs?
It depends which company you use, - more and more companies are starting to cover Holistic Nutritionists. If your benefits plan is under Greenshield or Manulife, may often should be covered; however, it's typically under "Nutritional Counselling / Social Work / Counselling" and is not the same as being covered with a Registered Dietician or Registered Nutritionist. If your benefits plan is under Sunlife, Great West Life or Pacific Blue Cross, there is a chance it's covered. Always call your provider to ensure your coverage.