What We Are Doing For Your Safety During COVID-19
- All patients will be screened using the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool prior to attending their appointment at the Vancouver Island Naturopathic Clinic Inc or with any of the other Private Practices offering services with-in our clinic.
- All patients will remain in their cars until they are invited into the clinic for their appointment or for their scheduled pick-up.
- Clinic staff and practitioners will complete daily screenings for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to providing services at the clinic and will not provide services if have signs of illness.
- All practitioners will be wearing protective equipment as recommended by their regulating colleges and BC Public Health.
- All practitioners will wash their hands following proper hand washing guidelines before and after all in-clinic patient appointments and multiple times a day.
- Practitioners will sanitize all areas of patient contact in rooms after each in-clinic patient appointment.
- We have increased our sanitization frequency and are following the recommend Public Health guidelines.
- Patient in-clinic appointments will be reduced to allow sanitization between consultations; we will also continue to offer Telehealth appointments.
- The clinic flow has been modified and visually marked to guide patient traffic and to ensure physical distancing of 2m in the waiting room and common areas.
- Reception staff will provide customer service from behind plexiglass for staff and public safety.
What We Ask You To Do For Our Clinic and Patient Safety During COVID-19
- Please do not come to the clinic at any time if you have any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- If you have an in-clinic appointment or are picking up dispensary items you must first complete the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment within 24 hours of your appointment with our reception to ensure that you are symptom free. If you have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 we will modify your appointment to a Telehealth consultation when appropriate or reschedule your appointment 10 days from the day of your original appointment. We will also refer you to call 8-1-1 or your medical doctor for assessment, testing and care.
- We ask that you wash your hands and wear your own mask to your appointment if you have one (this help us preserve personal protective equipment).
- Please attend the visit alone. We require that only you the patient attend the visit with the exception of parents accompanying children or a caregiver providing support.
- Please use the washroom prior to your arrival to minimize use of building washrooms.
- We ask that you remain in your car when you arrive for an appointment or dispensary pick-up and call reception at (250) 881-1806 to check-in. You will be called up when it is your turn. Please do not come into the clinic until we invite you to ensure social distancing.
- Upon arrival to the clinic we will provide you with hand sanitizer to wash your hands and screen you again for COVID-19. If you do not have a mask and require one, we will provide one for you.
- All appointments will be invoiced with contact less payment, over the phone or by e-transfer. Please do not bring cash or a cheque.