COVID-19 Patient Information
Communicable Disease Plan
Masks are optional but always welcomed. If you feel sick and your appointment if not for this reason, please call us to reschedule or switch to a virtual appointment. If you are being seen in clinic for your sickness, please ensure you have a negative covid test prior to entry and wear a mask.
Telehealth and Virtual Care
If you have a virtual consultation, you will receive an Appointment Reminder from us 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Once you have logged into your account, you will want to navigate to the Upcoming Appointments tab on the left hand side, then click the blue Begin button next to today’s appointment to enter your Practitioner's virtual waiting room. If you are having a phone appointment, please ensure that your phone is set to accept calls from blocked callers. Please make sure you have completed all required consent forms ahead of time. Your Practitioner will do their best to call you on time, however we appreciate your patience if they are running a bit behind.
What We Are Doing For Your Safety
- We require masks and a negative covid test for in clinic patient consultations
- Clinic staff and practitioners will follow all Work Safe and current public health guidelines during employee illness.
- All practitioners will be wearing protective equipment as recommended by their regulating colleges and BC Public Health.
- We will follow all masking requirements as per public health recommendations.
- All practitioners will wash their hands following proper hand washing guidelines before and after all in-clinic patient appointments.
- Rooms are sanitized after each in-clinic patient appointment.